Thursday, January 7, 2010

Baby, I'm Back!



Okay, enough is enough! I'm back! For the past few weeks I have been in a constant work mode. First it was the Thanksgiving festivities, then Christmas, Kwanzaa and the backlog of soap orders from regular customers. The work just kept coming and coming. Then the horror of all horrors, not a thought in my head to write about. Not even one tiny Christmas story came to mind, even though I was drowning in Christmas preparations for weeks. Well, that's the way it goes sometimes.

What did I do about it? I just took time out to regroup and connect with my poetic side. And how did I do that? Well wonder of all wonders I went visiting in the Poets Woods! Yes, my good people, there is such a place. We actually found this place while traveling and site seeing in Cape May New Jersey. It's located across the road from a small residential community and is a successful attempt to keep the area free for birds, butterflies and small animals to take refuge. While walking in this natural habitat I almost forgot there was a busy highway only a mile or so away. The only noise I could hear was the joyful song of a few birds who refused to move South for the Winter and the crunch of dead leaves and small tree branches as I walked. It was peaceful and a great place to unwind.

You won't find it on any map nor can you Google it. And I'm sure that's the way the neighbors want it. For now, I think it's enough for them to be able to cross the road and take a leisurely stroll. And just maybe share it with an unsuspecting traveler like me.

12 comments:

GutsyWriter said...

How soothing. We all need time with nature and I found my place in Belize. Naples, FL, is the next place I love. The ocean is what gives me peace. Welcome back to the world of writing.

Daisy Soap Girl said...

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Just as you were starting to follow, I developed writers block. I'm gonna have to store up some backup stories for times like that.

The Muse said...

WOW...I want to go there!

Love that name..LOL
(i know, you are surprised)LOL

If you get time, come on over and visit me, it has been a long time! i think we all get blocked now and then.

Happy your inspiration is back!

Crafty Sue said...

Welcome back!
Happy New Year!
Sounds like a very relaxing place , great for getting inspirations.
Sue.

Daisy Soap Girl said...

Thanks my wonderful followers. I'm on my way to visit you all. It feels so good to be back at my computer, putting words on the screen again. Peace to all.

GulfGal said...

What a wonderful place to be!
I know how hard it is to nudge
the brain into creative writing mode.
I've had brain-freeze for the last few days!

Lynn said...

I've missed your updates. :D

Thanks for sharing the Poets Woods...and I will not tell anyone about this very secret place. :D

Daisy Soap Girl said...

Hello Nancy & Lynn,
I was missing all my friends and I think that was another reason my inspiration came back.

Momma Jo said...

What a neat place that sounds like!

PS I just now saw that you had left a comment on my blog a month ago!! I think my husband thought some of my blog emails were spam and they got deleted before I saw them. I then went to my blog and it said I had unmoderated comments and I saw a few! Thanks so much for your kind words. I appreciated the welcome back!
Sincerely,
Joanna
"MommaJo" www.makingJesusmypearl.blogspot.com

Onlinehandyman said...

Great to have you back, my friend. I missed seeing you around. I never knew that there was such a place in Cape May - maybe we'll check it out. Nancy and I love stuff like that as well as that part of New Jersey. Anyways, nice to see you back and Happy New Year!

Scott
Onlinehandyman

Erin said...

this is my neighborhood!! my dad designed that sign 20 years ago!!

Daisy Soap Girl said...

OMG Erin! That is so great. You have to email me and tell me all about it.