Sunday, April 18, 2010

Rising To The Top


None of us are born knowing everything. We had to learn everything we know, little by little. As a baby we had to learn how to crawl before we could walk. We had to learn how to use a spoon to eat. We had to learn how to tie our shoe laces, ride a bicycle and so forth. Our first attempts at doing all of these things may have led to frustration but we didn't give up. We fell down but we got up. Over and over we tried at tying those laces and finally we figured it out. We kept trying and when we succeeded we were somewhat astonished but very proud of our triumphs.

Now as adults, some of us have lost that ability to see things through to the end. The first time we attempt something that we've always wanted to do and have a problem with it we give up. We look at the people around us who had success with the same thing we tried and think they are smarter or have more talent. We think we will never be like them. When in reality, most of those people were not born with that talent. They had to learn and it took hard work, patience and perseverance. You will never hear them utter the words "I can't".

If you should ever find yourself giving up on your dreams, think again, one last time. Take a deep breath. Remember that old inspirational story of The Little Engine That Could. Try one last time with a different approach. Find out if there is another avenue you can use. Research and read all you can on the subject. You may find something that will give you a better understanding. Take baby steps. Climb the ladder one rung at a time and don't look down. Eventually, you will realize how far you'll come. You will find that you have reached the top. You will be a star!

15 comments:

Mary Humphrey said...

This is perfect advice.

I spent some time on the phone with a new soap maker a few days ago. She was frustrated over several business-related issues. I understood. I told her that if she can learn to embrace the roadblocks, she will begin to appreciate the learning process.

There is no easy button. But hard work is worth it.

Thank you for the insightful post, Delores.

Lynn said...

I love those old childhood stories and little did we know they were part of life's instructions.

Lynn said...

Ooops, I have an ps: Reach for a star and even if you do not get there you will be higher than if you did not reach. :D

lawmacs said...

You are right here daisy giving up is not on option it is a choice and my dad always says you never loose a fight until you stop fighting and for me the word "Can't" means i am too lazy to try

Doreen said...

What an inspiring post Delores! Thanks for reminding of of the Little Engine story : )

By the way I found a comment from you on my Whimsical Blog but somehow it did not all come through so I will wait for you to re-post so I can publish it whole...thanks!

Blessings,
Doreen

Alison said...

I agree with you...the average person these days will give up and just not worry about it. I am a figure it out kind of girl and cannot stop reseaching and trying until I figure out what the heck I am doing

Dangsulaeman said...

I am just a new blogger .. look at your blog / website have someone else .. I think your blog is very nice and informative

hi,
bolehngeblog

JabberStream said...

Giving up should never be an option. You are right, trying a different approach can really make a difference. Like my Tampa Internet Marketing, I did go thru some hard times. But loot at me now, I am satisfied with what I have become.

nothing profound said...

This is so true. One tiny aphorism can sometimes take six months, but I keep turning it over and over until it comes out right.

alankarshilpa said...

The Little That Could-- my favorite book and it always picks me up like this blog entry of yours.

There is a saying that
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence."

Thanks for this meaningful post. Dita

Doreen said...

Hi there, I've been thinking about you. I know how life sometimes takes over and we hardly find time to enjoy our blogging world or other pastimes. It has happened to me this past summer. Hope all is well with you.
Hugs,
Doreen

lawmacs said...

That is a well inspirational article Daisy one thing i learn early in life is that the meaning of "Can't" is i am lazy nice post.

Admin said...

Hi
This is really nice one to read over here. Thanks for sharing .
Daatstage

فكر جديد said...

Fantastic..it look great!
http://www.jareditmisr.com/

john petter said...

Really a nice post.
Kiss My Face Soap